When I asked about a language, Why you choosed this programming language some people have a usial answwer. “it is used every where”
Do they? Actually it is subjective, it depends on why you need it. For instance Java, does it?
Yes because oracle says 3 Bilions machines run Java and it is popular as well. But my answer is no 🙂 Because the most beautiful programming language in the world is useless unless it allows you to write the program that you need.
You you may also say C, or C++ is the best, or phyton or kotlin (or whatever) is the language of the future. To choose a programming language first you must know yourself and what purpose you have for a programming language.
- it is platform independent
- it is free and opensource
- There are many libraries and frameworksto use, free and life safer;
- OpenCV for image processing
- three.js for 3D modelling
- quagga for barcode scanning
- Bootstrap for mobile friendly pages
- JQuery for write less do more so more 🙂
- google maps api
- React.js for building user interfaces
- it has a popular data exchange format : JSON
- it is fast (not so same as C++ which is realy fast but close enough)
- it is very widely used
- you dont have to update client apps each time like winform apps. What you need is to just update your application server.
- very good documented and supported